Tuesday 24 May 2022

Please welcome writer, John Hynes...

...to my blog this week.  Hello John, thanks for making time to be here.  You write the Johnny Blake series of crime stories and I'm curious to know what got you into writing and why?

JH Back in 1994, I was waiting in the doctors' office.  I started to read a crime story and I took it home to finish reading.  When I finished reading, I thought I can write a story like that, and I did.  I read it over and put it away and forgot about it.
Now retried, I found the episode Murder in Bay City and rewrote it for today's time and continue to write eleven more episodes.  I have three episodes available now on Amazon Kindle and (Google Play e-book only).

AW  Please tell me more about the individual stories themselves, John?
JH  This series is a modern-day, romantic-murder-mystery-suspense thriller, with an old-time feel.
Murder in Bay City (#1) - a wealthy man is found murdered in his bedroom.  His wife is missing and is the prime suspect.  Did she murder her husband?  Was she framed? And who is this other...?
Bay City Murder on the East Side (#2) - in this episode someone is murdering young small short-haired blonde girls.  A suspect is a young man all dressed in black complete with a hoodie and dark glasses and able to blend in with the people on the street.  In other words non-descript.
Kidnapping in Bay City (#3) - in this episode, a young boy from Bay City has been kidnapped.  After many failed attempts to bring her eight-year old son home, by Bay City Police Department, Janet Harrington, Liz Harrington's sister-in-law, hires Johnny Blake to bring her boy home on the QT.  John sends young Jimmy McNiel and Paula Peters undercover to the All-Boys in upstate Maine.
My writing has been compared to authors Mark Twain and Mickey Spillane, American crime novelist of the Mike Hammer book series, and then a TV series.  Some of your readers may remember the show.  I do and I like it
.
AW  Interesting John, thanks. I'm not sure that the Mike Hammer crime series was shown on UK TV, but I do know that author's work and have read some of his stories.  And what are you working on at the moment?
JH Vanish! (#4) - in this episode, when available, the series turns to the darker side of crime.  What is the connection between a transplant doctor, a scrap yardman, and a troll tucker driver?

You can get all of John's books on Amazon and you can use this Link for a fabulous box set of the first three episodes

You can follow John on Facebook on LinkedIn and on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment