Tuesday 17 October 2023

I hope you will be able to join me...

... at Harrogate Library on November 3rd. Read on ...

Promoting Yorkshire Authors, an organisation that was set up to do exactly what it says in the name, runs regular events each month at Harrogate Library, Victoria Avenue, Harrogate HG1 1EG.

November is, of course, the month for writing books.  November is well-known in writing circles as National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo for short).  That's because there is a challenge, for any writer who wishes to take it up, to get 50,000 words of a novel written in 30 days. And that is no mean feat!

On November 3rd, I will be talking about NaNoWriMo, the pitfalls, the difficulties, and my tips for making the challenge easier and achievable - because it is doable.  My fellow writer Sue Williams will be there too.  We will be talking about writing, character, and the whole process of getting from the first word to 'The End'.  I'm sure there will be time for questions from the floor as well.  I will also have a small selection of books with me, which will be for sale.

The event will be held in the cafe on the ground floor of the library and will start at 1.30 pm. Entrance to the event is absolutely free.  You can book your free place by telephoning the library on 01609 536658.

I hope you will be able to make it.   When you get to the library, grab yourself a cup of coffee or tea, make yourself comfortable, and join us on November 3rd at 1.30 p.m. It will be great to see you there.

If you are a writer or an aspiring writer with a connection to Yorkshire and would like to join PYA please check out our website Here

You can also follow PYA on Facebook on the Books&BevsBlog or subscribe to our YouTubeChannel

No comments:

Post a Comment