Sunday 10 January 2021

Another year and...

 ... another lockdown.  But at least we can  be a bit more optimistic, I think, as a number of vaccines are available to us.  Despite the current confinement, I can see a light at the end of the tunnel and I'm going to focus on that...


This year we are beginning with a visit to the blog from a long-time friend and fellow author - Liz Reeves.  She's been writing for many years and has a number of books under her belt.  I feel very priviliged that she will be with us on Tuesday.  Liz will be the first of a number of visiting authors.

I will be continuing with book reviews every so often on here and will be starting with a book about Paris - a little gem that I happened upon by accident.  Watch this space!

There will be news about my own book, which will be published in March along with articles about the story, the location and the new characters.  

I will be taking trips along the canals of France and letting you know about little pieces of history and interesting facts as I trundle around the country.  And I will be taking you on strolls through favourite towns and villages - I have no doubt that pâtisserie will feature along the way!

There will be appropriate literary celebrations too.  For instance, in September it will be the 700th anniversary of  the death of the Italian poet, Dante.  I have a special post for that event.  In the not so distant future, I will be celebrating the work of Patricia Highsmith. Highsmith is a favourite author of mine and I hope you will be able to join me on January 19th for that little shindig!

... keep safe and well everyone and let's continue to look forward...

No comments:

Post a Comment