Tuesday 10 January 2023

A New Year…

…means new beginnings. Read on to find out what’s in store for you…


And new beginnings mean a refreshed look to the blog.  I had wanted to completely revise the look and design.  But when I started hunting around for more up to date themes for this, I realised that what I had fitted the best.  So, if it aint broke, don’t fix it!  However there have been some subtle changes to the sidebar.

As for weekly content there will be features from, or about, other authors.  Some in the form of articles and some as interviews. Some of the authors you may know, some may be new to you, but I can promise that the articles will be interesting and varied.  At the end of this month I will be celebrating the life and work of Virginia Woolf.  This will be a continuation of my occassional series of posts about authors of works across numerous genres that have influenced me over the years.

Travelling in France is a significant feature of this blog and it was wonderful to be able to spend time there last year.  I caught up with old friends, discovered new ones and strolled through favourite towns and villages.  You can expect more insights, observations and accompanying pics throughout the year.

I’ll be continuing my #OffMyBeatenTrack posts, too.  The items that featured extracts from my Egyptian journal will be returning as they were so well received last year.  Look out for the next instalment in February when I will be taking you to Tel el-Amarna by means of a Sand Tractor.  I’ll also be be exploring other new places a little closer to home.  So watch this space!

As for Jacques Forêt and his friends in my Cévennes-based mysteries, the sixth book has been published and I’m working on the next one.  I’m also working on a new story set in a more northerly area of France.  But there will be more infomration about that in the coming months.

The #FranceFridayPhoto will return across all of my social media accounts with the first pic appearing at the end of this week.  As was the case last year, these photos will be regularly interspersed with fabulous pictures of other locations too.  I hope you will enjoy them.

In the meantime, it’s great to be back at my desk!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great future for the blog. All the best to you in the new year. When will Mazargues be available in print?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Allan. The proofs were all finalised before Christmas so I'm just waiting for the publication date for the print copy. Hopefully, I will know that very soon.

      Delete