Tuesday 7 January 2020

Another year...



Image by Pezibear from Pixabay 
…the decorations are neatly stored, the Christmas tree is back in its box, and the cards are on their way to be recycled. Yes, Christmas might be done for 2019, but there are now only 354 days left before next Christmas!

And just think about the opportunities that those 354 days can offer. Here on the blog, we will be kicking the New Year off with a return visit from a great friend and fellow writer, Miriam Drori. There will be other authors visiting too. I will be heading to London for some fabulous exhibitions, and I will tell you all about those as they come along.

If you haven't picked up on this already, 2020 is the 100th anniversary of the publication of 'The Mysterious Affair at Styles', by Agatha Christie - the very first book that featured my favourite detective, Hercule Poirot. This year is also the 130th anniversary of Dame Agatha's birth. As I grew up on her stories, I thought that now would be an appropriate time for a trip to Torquay. The hotel is booked, and my train tickets are waiting at the station to be collected. I'll be telling you all about that little adventure here on the blog in a few weeks.

As for Monsieur Jacques Forêt, well, I will be catching up with him much later in the year. In the meantime, if you have a craving for France, perhaps you could accompany me as I meander along the canals of Burgundy. I can promise fabulous views, interesting and historic chateaux along with gorgeous little villages that lie hidden and away from the tourist trails.

I hope you can join me…

2 comments:

  1. I'll be looking forward to see France through your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allan, thanks for visiting. France is an amazing place and the first post will be coming up very soon.

      Delete